Terms & Conditions
Nutritional Therapy is the application of nutrition science in the promotion of health, peak performance and individual care. Nutritional therapy practitioners use a wide range of tools to assess and identify potential nutritional imbalances and understand how these may contribute to an individual's symptoms and health concerns. This approach allows them to work with individuals to address nutritional balance and help support the body towards maintaining health. Nutritional therapy is recognised as a complementary medicine and is relevant for individuals with chronic conditions, as well as those looking for support to enhance their health and wellbeing.
Practitioners consider each individual to be unique and recommend personalised nutrition and lifestyle programmes rather than a 'one size fits all' approach. Practitioners never recommend nutritional therapy or health coaching as a replacement for medical advice and always refer any client with 'red flag' signs or symptoms to their medical professional. They will also frequently work alongside a medical professional and will communicate with other healthcare professionals involved in the client's care to explain any nutritional therapy programme that has been provided.
THE NUTRITIONAL THERAPIST REQUESTS THAT THE CLIENT NOTES THE FOLLOWING:
• The degree of benefit obtainable from Nutritional Therapy & Health Coaching may vary between clients with similar health problems and following a similar programme.
• Nutritional advice will be tailored to support health conditions and/or health concerns identified and agreed between both parties.
• Nutritional therapists are not permitted to diagnose, or claim to treat, medical conditions.
• Nutritional advice is not a substitute for professional medical advice and/or treatment.
• This document only covers the practice of Nutritional Therapy within this consultation, and your practitioner will make it clear if he or she intends to step outside this boundary.
THE CLIENT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES TO THE FOLLOWING:
• You are responsible for contacting your GP about any health concerns.
• If you are receiving treatment from your GP, or any other medical provider, you should tell him/her about any nutritional strategy provided by a nutritional therapist. This is necessary because of any possible reaction between medication and the nutritional programme.
• It is important that you tell your nutritional therapist about any medical diagnosis, medication, herbal medicine, or food supplements you are taking as this may affect the nutritional programme.
• If you are unclear about the agreed nutritional therapy programme/food supplement doses/time period, you should contact your nutritional therapist promptly for clarification.
• You must contact your nutritional therapist should you wish to continue any specified supplement programme for longer than the original agreed period, to avoid any potential adverse reactions.
• You are advised to report any concerns about Nutritional Therapy promptly to your nutritional therapist for discussion and action.
• Recording consultations using any form of electronic media is not allowed without the written permission of both the Nutritional Therapist and the Client.
If you need to cancel or change an appointment, 24 hours notice is required. If less than 24 hours notice is given, the appointment will still be chargeable.
To get the most out of our time together, please arrive on time for appointments. If you are late, the session will not be extended past the original slot.
PAYING FOR YOUR APPOINTMENTS
I currently accept cash, PayPal, BACs/ bank transfer, and credit card payments.
If paying by bank transfer, the details will be sent directly via email.
I want you to feel fully supported on every step of your new health journey. It is common to have questions as we go through this process, and you are always welcome to email me with these. I will aim to get back to you within 48 hours. Please be mindful that when not with clients I am running workshops, hosting corporate events, going to nutrition conferences and doing research.
While I always endeavour to get back to you as quickly as possible, I want to make a friendly reminder that my response may not always be immediate. I thank you in advance for your patience.
We understand the above and agree that our professional relationship will be based on the content of this document. We declare that all the information we share during this professional relationship is, to the best of our knowledge, true and correct.